Saturday, April 9, 2011

Well...this is weird.

You know the snow day we had the other day? The snow is still here, and everyone is SHOCKED, because it rarely snows out here. We're still doing snowy activities, like making snowmen and sledding. Julie said she could finally sled in the street because she moved to Hillrise from San Francisco. (She DROVE out here from there. That would be a nightmare for me. Poor Julie.) Today, we also fired up our brand-new fireplace for the first time ever. We haven't really had to use it before so that's why. It works great-it was warm and comforting just like Hillrise. Butterscotch was curious about it and kept pawing at the sight of the flames. (We didn't let her get too close, thank goodness.) The Albrights also used theirs for the first time ever. Julie said it was super powerful compared to her old one in San Francisco. I don't know what it is about Hillrise fireplaces, but they have enough power to heat up the whole house. Maybe that's because they're brand new,but then again, everything is best when it is new. ESPECIALLY Hillrise. And my house looks so nice snow-capped! It's so odd seeing my own backyard fluffy white and my pool frozen over. I guess it's because I'm not used to it. I mean, it's like if Alaska became a desert!! It's just something you don't hear often. I hope this snowfall lasts ALL winter long!!!

1 comment:

  1. Fireplaces are so beautiful. Winter is a lot of fun, but I'm so excited about Spring!

    -Frankie

    ReplyDelete