Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A SNOWY SURPRISE!!!

This morning, I woke up to my entire street covered in snow. Icicles were hanging over my bedroom window. All of the neighborhood kids were building snowmen and sledding down Softwind. Tommy was having a snowball fight with his friend who lived across the street from us. This is a VERY rare sight in Southern California!! And it's Hillrise's first snow!!! I guess the weatherman was right about it snowing this week. The first thing I did in the snow was make a snowman with Julie and Ivy. We named it Billy. Then we made hot cocoa for the people visiting the model homes and made snow angels on the lawn of the Shasta model home. Then some of the kids decided to pelt us with snowballs. Bad idea!!!! We had a huge snow hill where they once stood. IN YOUR FACE!!! HILLRISE!!!
Now, I'm waiting for Mom to find us a sled so we can race some other kids down Softwind. Julie and Ivy are in the bathroom after eating flavorless snow cones. (No, we did not eat the yellow snow.) I think this day-Hillrise's first snowfall-will be forever in my memories! (Well, also, my parents took pictures of our house and street covered in a blanket of snow!)
Have a snowy day!
Jaycee

No comments:

Post a Comment