Friday, March 23, 2012

Just your average everyday 'What the Hillrise' moment...

Hi, it's Julie. Some weird happenings have been going on in our lovely Hillrise. For one thing, I woke up this morning and heard a big thump coming from the garage. I woke up my parents and they went in to check it out. I followed. We flipped the switch on the light in our garage, and right there was a baby cow! I was shocked-this had happened once before, but it was before our house was built. Apparently when you leave the garage door open, cows sneak into your garage! It was really cool! After my parents and I drove it back to the fields where it belongs, I tried to sleep but couldn't. It had to be about 4 a.m. when we heard that. I ended up watching the sunrise in my backyard (we have an amazing view!) with my pet rabbit Nugget, and then tried to go to bed after that. I still couldn't. So, I fixed myself some orange juice and sat outside some more. It was a really nice day, as usual. Since it was a weekend, I went and watched them build some of the houses on Softwind. After that I went to Jaycee's house (I imagined she was awake by then) and told her what happened. She told me that that had happened to her when she first moved in, too! I told her I was rather happy because I have always wanted to see one of the cows up close. And I got to ride in a car with one! That's something that would have never happened if I was still living in San Francisco. I'm so glad I moved to Hillrise!
-Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment