Saturday, January 14, 2012

Campout Gone Crazy!

Last night, me, Ivy and Julie decided to camp out in the fields behind Hillrise. We had never done this before, and I was a little unsure about it all. Julie said we'd be 10 feet away from the nearest Hillrise home, so I felt better about that. But part of me was thinking this wouldn't be a great idea. So yesterday afternoon, we left for the fields and set up camp. For the next three hours, we played tag and hide and seek in the fields, and Julie and Ivy tried to ride a cow. I stayed away because I love animals and I'm just afraid of bull riding. Everything was fun and exciting, and I stopped being so unsure. Big mistake! After we watched the sunset, things got a little crazy. We went back to our tent, turned on our lantern for light, and told each other scary stories. The stories were really scary, and I was scared it might actually happen. So I checked out and tried to go to sleep. But Julie and Ivy kept telling scary stories, including one about a shadowy object that snacked on people camping-anywhere. All night, I kept seeing shadowy objects and freaking out. Then, long after Julie and Ivy had gone to bed, I kept hearing noises-like a wailing and screaming noise. I tried to stay calm because I knew that Hillrise would protect me from anything. Suddenly, I hear another wailing noise and footsteps. I scream and shake Julie and Ivy awake, trying to tell them what I heard. They get mad at me and say, "Jaycee, it's not a real story. Go to bed." But then the noise is heard again. More footsteps. The wail turns into a howl. I scream again, but Julie and Ivy don't say anything. "Jaycee! Shush! Don't let it hear us!!" Ivy shushes me. Her sea-green eyes are almost glowing. I just duck and hide under my sleeping bag. Then, all of a sudden, someone kicked the tent and we see glowing yellow eyes. I fled the tent and ran screaming back into Hillrise, with Julie and Ivy following behind me. But the wailing noise and footsteps didn't stop. They became fast. We ran as fast as we could back to my house (which was sadly 10 blocks away) and locked the door. Luckily the thing never caught up with us, but I am afraid to camp out in those fields anymore. That's for sure.
Jaycee

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you know, I've always wanted to camp out in those fields (which sadly don't exist anymore) but now I know not to!

    ReplyDelete